Policy and Grading
Reading and Lectures
Lectures by chapt.
Gallery of Fluid Motion
You should complete the following reading and watch the following lectures prior to class on the assigned due date.
- Sept. 7: Read chapter 1 and 2. Watch Dimensional Analysis and
Low Reynolds number flows by G.I. Taylor
- Sept 14. Watch Vect. Calc 1, Vect Calc 2.
- Sept 18. Review Vector Calc,
- Sept 25. Read through chapter 3.3. Watch Heat in 1D
- Sept 28. Read remainder of chapter 3. Watch Heat in 3D, Char. of heat
- Oct 3. Read Chapter 4. Watch Quenching, 1D heat flow in a wall
- Oct 23. Watch Leibniz,
Material deriv, Material deriv and Leibniz, Mass transfer,
- Oct 26 Read chapter 5.
- Oct 30 Read chapter 6. Watch Cons. momentum, Stress tensor
- Nov 2. Read chapter 7. Watch Stress tensor in Newtonian fluid
- Nov 6. Read chapter 8.1 8.2 and 8.3. Watch Poiseuille flow
- Nov 9. Read 8.6.
- Nov. 27. Read through chapter 9.2 Watch Euler equations,
- Nov 30. Read rest of chapter 9. Watch vorticity
- Dec 4. Read chapter 10. Watch Boundary layers
- Dec 7. Watch Drag 1,2, 3, and 4